[Dovecot] Reply-To header

Kenny Dail kend at amigo.net
Sat Feb 17 00:53:45 UTC 2007

> On Fri, 2007-02-16 at 15:16 -0600, Richard Laager wrote:
> > I see you've added a Reply-To header later. The canonical response in
> > this case is for someone to reference:
> > http://www.unicom.com/pw/reply-to-harmful.html
>
> Yes, I've read that page. It says basically that it makes replying
> privately to the sender difficult. I'm sure it does, but in this list I
> don't think pretty much anyone ever wants to reply to someone only
> privately.

Since deliberate choice is required to go in and set the maillist option, this
is no different than if I configure my MUA to set the reply-to header on
messages I send to the list. So the way it has been implemented for this
list is not a problem at all. If people feel the need to reply to me off
list, I feel that should be a deliberate choice on their part.
--
Kenny Dail <kend at amigo.net>