[Dovecot] 1.0.rc23 tomorrow
tss at iki.fi
Sat Feb 17 13:09:11 UTC 2007
Would be nice to get some testing before the actual release.
I've now finally gone through all the "TODO" mails in this list and my
INBOX and fixed pretty much every problem I know of. There are still
some mbox bugs, but I can't really get them fixed unless someone figures
out how to reproduce them (http://wiki.dovecot.org/MboxProblems).
I think documentation is the last thing that should be done before v1.0.
I'm happy enough with the code as it is now, unless some new bugs again
The notable changes since rc22:
* deliver doesn't ever exit with Dovecot's internal exit codes anymore.
All its internal exit codes are changed to EX_TEMPFAIL.
+ PAM: blocking=yes in args uses an alternative way to do PAM checks.
Try it if you're having problems with PAM.
+ userdb passwd: blocking=yes in args makes the userdb lookups be done
in auth worker processes. Set it if you're doing remote NSS lookups
(eg. nss_ldap problems are fixed by this).
+ If PAM child process hasn't responded in two minutes, send KILL
signal to it (only with blocking=no)
- IMAP: APPEND ate all CPU while waiting for more data from the client
(broken in rc22)
- mbox: When saving a message to an empty mbox file it got one UID
which immediately was incremented.
- mbox: Fixed some wrong "uid-last unexpectedly lost" errors.
- auth cache: In some situations we crashed if passdb had extra_fields.
- auth cache: Special extra_fields weren't saved to auth cache.
For example allow_nets restrictions were ignored for cached entries.
- A lot of initial login processes could cause auth socket errors
in log file at startup, if dovecot-auth started slowly. Now the
login processes are started only after dovecot-auth has finished
- imap/pop3 proxy: Don't crash if the remote server disconnects before
we're logged in.
- deliver: Don't bother trying to save the mail twice into the default
mailbox (eg. if it's over quota).
- mmap_disable=yes + non-Linux was really slow with large
- MySQL couldn't be used as a masterdb
- Trash plugin was more or less broken
- imap/pop3 couldn't load plugins if they chrooted
- imap/pop3-login process could crash in some conditions
- checkpassword-reply crashed if USER/HOME wasn't set
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: not available
Size: 189 bytes
Desc: This is a digitally signed message part
Url : http://dovecot.org/pipermail/dovecot/attachments/20070217/51821316/attachment.pgp
More information about the dovecot