[Dovecot] Replacing qmail + vpopmail with: sendmail + dovecot
Oliver Schulze L.
oliver at samera.com.py
Mon Feb 19 19:05:46 UTC 2007
I wonder if it posible to replace qmail + vpopmail with sendmail + dovecot?
The idea is like this:
- use sendmail + milter API to filter spam/virus and deliver the email to
the dovevot MDA (LDA)
- dovecot should save the email to the directory as specified in the
- maintain the vpopmail BD (users + passwd)
- use dovecot pop3/imap for the clients
- use sendmail again to receive the email from the pop3/imap users and
deliver the email to the internet as usual.
Anyone has done this? It is posible in the paper, in the real world?
Oliver Schulze L. | Get my e-mail after a captcha in:
Asuncion - Paraguay | http://tinymailto.com/oliver
More information about the dovecot