[Dovecot] Possible Bug in quota-fs.c

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Mon Feb 19 20:14:10 UTC 2007

On Sun, 2007-02-18 at 21:49 +0100, Martin Konopka wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm using filesystem quotas with dovecot 1.0rc22 on my Linux 2.4.27 box. The
> quota limit gets correctly reported in kilobytes to the client but the amount
> of used space is reported in megabytes.
>
> In quota-fs.c I noticed that only the currently used space is divided by 1024:
>
> Line 241:
>
> 		*value_r = dqblk.dqb_curblocks / 1024;
>                 *limit_r = dqblk.dqb_bsoftlimit;
>
> After removing /1024 everything works fine.

Hmm. Does it have _LINUX_QUOTA_VERSION defined to 1? You could check
that by eg. adding somewhere to the quota-fs.c code:

#if _LINUX_QUOTA_VERSION == 1
#error yes its 1
#endif

I think the /1024 is correct for 2.6 kernel, or at least I think several
people have reported it working correctly.. So if 2.4 kernel is quota
version 1, then I'll add #ifdef to not do the /1024 with it.