[Dovecot] Wrong configure.in entry in CVS branch_1_0

Matthias Andree matthias.andree at gmx.de
Wed Feb 21 08:26:48 UTC 2007

Timo Sirainen schrieb:
> On Sun, 2007-01-21 at 16:28 +0100, Luca Corti wrote:
>> This line in configure.in
>>
>> src/plugins/mail-log/Makefile
>>
>> refers to a non existing direcory in the branch_1_0 tree, which breaks
>> build.
>
> No, it's there. Use cvs up -d option to get the directory.

The first thing I always do on a fresh home directory is create a .cvsrc
file with a content along these lines, as this resolves a lot of
commonly encountered annoyances like missing or extraneous directories,
unsuitable diff format and screen spamming with gazillions of
uninteresting "Checking directory foo/bar" "Checking directory foo baz"
and thereabouts.

# .cvsrc as suggested by Matthias Andree, 2007
# public domain, but no warranties assumed
#
# be quieter a bit and compress traffic a bit
cvs -q -z3
# create directories, purge directories getting emptied
update -d -P
# check working files are unmodified when tagging
tag -c
# use unified diff format by default
diff -u
rdiff -u

Anyone feel free to copy this message or parts thereof to the Dovecot
Wiki's CVS pages.