[Dovecot] Final LDAP issues

Joseba Torre joseba.torre at ehu.es
Thu Feb 22 11:19:58 UTC 2007

Hi all,

I'm in my final steps with my testing server using rc23 in a x86 RHEL4
machine.

Everything is working quite well, but still are some LDAP related issues I'd
like to clarify:

- I'm using auth_bind and auth_bind_userdn. So pass_filter isn't used, and
pass_attrs are never searched. Is this true or am I missing something?

- Is there a choice for the userdb bind/queries to be done using the user
supplied dn -the one used for passdb-? I would like to access some non-public
attributes, but I've had no luck until now. If I use the same
dovecot-ldap.conf for userdb and passdb, i have a single connection to the
LDAP server, but once the auth bind is successful, an anonymous bind occurs.
If I use two separate files for userdb and passdb, i have two connections to
the LDAP server, the second one being always anonimous.

For me, the perfect state would be:
- bind using the user supplied dn
- if successfull, search for pass_attrs, where some user_attrs may be
prefetched
- unbind
- userdb only binds if some needed attrs haven't been already fetched. If so,
there's a choice to use the user supplied dn for the bind/search.

Is this possible now? Would it be in the future?

Thanks in advance.
--
Joseba Torre. CIDIR Bizkaia.