[Dovecot] Dovecot Quota + LDAP

Venilton Junior venilton.junior at sercompe.com.br
Thu Feb 22 14:03:43 UTC 2007

Hie Folks,

I'm having a little problem with quota + ldap. I want to use per user
quota settings.

So I configured quota on my /etc/dovecot.conf like this site
http://wiki.dovecot.org/Quota examples.

Here follows my /etc/dovecot.conf:

protocols = imap imaps pop3 pop3s

ssl_disable = no

ssl_cert_file = /usr/share/ssl/certs/cert.pem

ssl_key_file = /usr/share/ssl/private/pkey.pem

mail_extra_groups = mail

valid_chroot_dirs = /var/lib/imap/vmail/domains

default_mail_env =
maildir:/var/lib/imap/vmail/domains/%d/%n/mail::INDEX=/var/run/dovecot/i
ndexes/%n

lock_method = dotlock

mmap_disable = yes

auth_debug = yes

auth_debug_passwords = yes

first_valid_uid = 202

last_valid_uid = 202

first_valid_gid = 202

last_valid_gid = 202

maildir_copy_with_hardlinks = no

login_greeting = Sercomtel Internet ready.

disable_plaintext_auth = no

protocol imap {

        mail_plugins = quota imap_quota

}

protocol lda {

        postmaster_address = postmaster at domain.com

        mail_plugins = quota

}

protocol pop3 {

        pop3_uidl_format = %08Xu%08Xv

        mail_plugins = quota

}

auth default_with_listener {

        mechanisms = plain login

        userdb ldap {

                args = /etc/dovecot-ldap.conf

        }

        passdb ldap {

                args = /etc/dovecot-ldap.conf

        }

        socket listen {

                master {

                        path = /var/run/dovecot/auth-master

                        mode = 0660

                        user = vmail

                        group = mail

  }

        }

}

plugin {

#        quota = maildir:/var/lib/imap/vmail/%d/%u/mail:storage=102400

#        convert_mail = maildir:/var/lib/imap/vmail/%d/%u/mail

#quota = maildir:storage=102400

}

And here is my user attributes in my dovecot-ldap.conf:

user_attrs = mail,homeDirectory,,,,quotaStorage=quota=dirsize:storage

user_filter =
(&(objectClass=VirtualMailAccount)(mail=%u)(accountActive=TRUE)(delete=F
ALSE))

As you can see above in my dovecot.conf, I made a comment at plugin
section to ensure that there's no quota usage for all system. I'd like
to have per user quota stored in my ldap base.

Here is a value off my quota attribute:

quota = 122880

Making tests, the user already have 138 Mb.

Does anyone have any idea how to set up quota with ldap and get it
working?

Tnx for any reply.

Best regards,

Venilton C. Junior