[Dovecot] Final LDAP issues

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Thu Feb 22 17:13:50 UTC 2007

On Thu, 2007-02-22 at 16:50 +0100, Joseba Torre wrote:
> > What if you just didn't use auth_bind_userdn, put all the attributes in
> > pass_attrs and use userdb prefetch?
..
> So the ldap_attrs search is being doing anonimously -and it's the only way it
> makes sense-, so i'm back in the same problem.

Oh, right. Making it work would require changing the LDAP code to do the
user_query immediately after the LDAP bind. Also it'd practically mean
then that there can always be only a single LDAP query going on.

Wonder if I should add support for multiple LDAP connections to the
server, so if one connection is in a blocking wait state, another one
could be used. Maybe for v2.0.

> So I'll create the dedicated dn and this problem will be gone.

Ok :)