[Dovecot] Crash: index-mail.c: line 790

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Thu Feb 22 19:51:39 UTC 2007

On Mon, 2007-02-19 at 06:06 -0500, Bill Boebel wrote:
> Here is the first crash I've seen with the current CVS...
>
> Feb 19 00:45:52 mail35a dovecot: IMAP(mnash at stest1.com): Corrupted transaction log file /var/index//data1/mail/st/stest1.com/mn/mnash//.Trash/dovecot.index.log: Append with UID 5736, but next_uid = 5744

Wonder how this could be reproduced.. I think I saw these at one point
with my imaptest tool, but then they went away. Probably there's still a
lock race condition somewhere.

> Feb 19 00:46:34 mail35a dovecot: IMAP(mnash at stest1.com): file index-mail.c: line 790: unreached

I guess it's because of the above error, although I'm not sure why.

BTW. Could you add %p (pid) to mail_log_prefix? That would tell in
situations like these if these errors came from the same process or a
different one.