[Dovecot] 1.0.rc24 released / quota / trash / ignore

Fri Feb 23 12:51:50 UTC 2007

>>> this are confs

>> dovecot -n output is desired when showing dovecot config - it shows
>> precisely what dovecot is using, in case somehow you miss something
>> important or dovecot is somehow using a different config file than you
>> think it is using...
>>
>> :)

> sorry charles , but i know what iam using , trust me

The point is, unless you are personal friends with the person you are
asking (and if you are personl friends with Timo, and *he* trusts you to
'know what you are using', then I would say you shouldn't have asked on
the list), trust is irrelevant.

Trust me... ;)

> but here it comes
>
> dovecot -n

<snip>

> so charles i cant see any difference to my prior mail

The difference is, unless you copied/pasted badly, this output can be
'trusted' as the exact settings that dovecot is actually *using*, as
opposed to a manually edited version from a .conf file that may or *may*
*not* be the .conf file that dovecot is reading at startup. What if you
had done something silly, and dovecot was actually using a different
.conf file than you thought? It happens...

Anyway, my apologies if you were offended, as none was intended...

:)

--

Best regards,

Charles