[Dovecot] Dovecot and Mail.app

Timothy Martin instanttim at mac.com
Tue Jan 2 17:06:33 UTC 2007

I use Mail.app with dovecot (if you look in the archive you can see
some of the problems i had when setting it up). Although I prefer to
not have the courier-style presentation of all folders existing under
the inbox. If you use OS X server with OS X clients you get a
presentation of your accounts that looks like this:

Inbox
Outbox
Drafts
Sent
Junk
SmartFolder1
SmartFolder2
Account1
    Folder1
    Folder2
Account2
    FolderA

and for each of the "special" mailboxes (inbox, drafts, sent, junk)
there is a disclosure triangle with each separate account in case you
want to see only the inbox of a single account at a time:
Inbox
    Account1
    Account2
Drafts
    Account1
    Account2
Sent
    Account1
    Account2
Junk
    Account1
    Account2

But just fyi, i use only the default namespace:

	namespace private {
	  separator = .
	  prefix =
	  inbox = yes
	  hidden = no
	}

and although i believe the mail_location to be irrelevant to this
discussion:

	mail_location = maildir:/usr/local/email/%d/%u

.tim