[Dovecot] Problems with dovecot-sieve on Debian Etch using dovecot LDA

Samir M. Nassar dovecot at myriapolis.net
Wed Jan 3 00:37:42 UTC 2007

On Tuesday 02 January 2007 18:00, Luca Corti wrote:

> Are you using the debian packages? If so try building from source. You
> find instructions in the dowloadpage and in the wiki.

This is not an option. My host is a Xen session with limited RAM allocation.
Even if I were to duplicate the environment I have no amd64 hardware to
compile locally and install binaries on the host.

If I can't get sieve to work I will use procmail or maildrop. One of the
reasons I wanted to use sieve was managesieve and the ability to edit filters
from my MUA. Since I will be writing the filtering rules manually, whether it
is maildrop, sieve, or procmail, the delivery mechanism isn't as important as
it working.

Samir M. Nassar