[Dovecot] Dovecot and Mail.app

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Wed Jan 3 13:46:08 UTC 2007

On 2.1.2007, at 19.29, Barry Warsaw wrote:

> Okay, that jives with what I see w/o the additional namespace.  I
> haven't noticed any problem with both namespace sections, so I'm
> going to keep them (preserves what my Mail.app users used to see).
> I wonder what Mail.app is doing behind the scenes. ;)

Ugh. Sounds like a bad idea to me to keep two of them. At least I
don't guarantee that they'll keep working in new versions..

Either one of the namespace configurations alone should work with all
the clients. If the client tries to use a wrong separator, it's
probably because it's caching an old value. Probably recreating the
account in the configuration would work.