[Dovecot] unknown namespace with Mac OS client

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Wed Jan 3 14:15:51 UTC 2007

On 27.12.2006, at 16.07, Francisco Reyes wrote:

> I see in this thread, http://dovecot.org/list/dovecot/2006-April/
> 012918.html, that others had simmilar problems with Mac OS client.

I don't really understand this problem. I tried this myself now:

If I set IMAP Path Prefix to "INBOX.", Mail.app totally ignores the
setting. But since Courier requires having the same thing to work,
it's probably somehow just not working right with me. Anyway even
then I was able to use Dovecot just fine, I got the "unknown
namespace" error only when trying to create a new root mailbox.

It would be helpful to know what exactly is the difference between
Courier and Dovecot. In Dovecot's side you could easily do it with
rawlog (see http://dovecot.org/bugreport.html). In Courier's side
you'd have to use something else. Anyway just seeing what command
gives the "unknown namespace" error would help me figuring out what
the problem is.