[Dovecot] deliver as LMTP server?

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Wed Jan 3 21:52:45 UTC 2007

On 26.12.2006, at 8.15, Barry Warsaw wrote:

> Does anything like that exist?  I have a reasonably robust Python
> LMTP server in the current Mailman trunk.  Would it be insane to
> try to marry that with deliver? ;)

I don't have plans to write LMTP server for Dovecot anytime soon, but
I don't see any problems with integrating deliver to another LMTP
server.. Of course the performance might not be as good as for a LMTP
server that doesn't need to fork()+exec()+do lots of initialization
for each delivery. But it won't be worse than Postfix+deliver :)