[Dovecot] Custom login_greeting per virtual server?

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Wed Jan 3 22:01:45 UTC 2007

On 23.12.2006, at 4.13, Cassidy B. Larson wrote:

> That'd work if I were wanting to run it on my destination server.
> Instead, I want to run it on my proxy server after auth succeeds
> then proxy off the request to the destination.  I dont suppose the
> mail_executable will work on a proxy server, or if there's some
> other variable I can return in a SQL result to run an executable?

Nope. Two possibilities:

1) Modify the sources.

2) Create a dovecot-auth proxying daemon. Login process connects to
your proxy, which in turn connects to dovecot-auth and just proxies
the data. Then whenever it sees that a login succeeds, it executes
whatever you want.

I'm not really planning on adding a post_login setting soon, since
mail_executable works for pretty much everyone. Have to think about
the proxying problem more before implementing anything.