[Dovecot] Problems with dovecot-sieve on Debian Etch using dovecot LDA

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Wed Jan 3 23:02:42 UTC 2007

On 4.1.2007, at 0.39, Samir M. Nassar wrote:

> On Wednesday 03 January 2007 15:07, Timo Sirainen wrote:
>
>> If debug is enabled, it really should write something there. So I can
>> think of only 3 possibilities:
>>
>> 1) Deliver is never called by Postfix.
>
> How can I verify this?

Postfix's log should say that it's executing deliver.

>> 2) You haven't really given enough permissions to write to the log
>> files (/var/log/dovecot dir permissions?).
>
> Permissions are:
>
> -rw-r--r--  1 postfix postfix      0 2006-12-28 15:46 deliver-info.log
> -rw-r--r--  1 postfix postfix      0 2006-12-28 15:46 deliver.log

 From your other mail:

dovecot   unix  -       n       n       -       -       pipe
   flags=DRhu user=vmail:vmail argv=/usr/lib/dovecot/deliver -d $
{recipient}

You're executing deliver as dovecot, not as postfix.

>> 3) Deliver is reading a different dovecot.conf than what you're
>> modifying.
>
> Unless deliver is making up a .conf as it goes how is this possible?

Sometimes people have both /etc/dovecot.conf (from binary package)
and /usr/local/etc/dovecot.conf (installed from sources).