[Dovecot] Custom login_greeting per virtual server?

Cassidy B. Larson alandaluz at gmail.com
Wed Jan 3 23:04:32 UTC 2007

> Also I think dovecot-auth would need to support two kinds of IP
> address %variables then. The proxy's and the client's. Which ones
> should be the defaults? Client's, I think?

Clients,  definitely. Since dovecot-auth should already know the proxy IP. A
fun way I just thought up that might work in my situation (with some SQL
magic.. aww.. if only I could figure out MySQL SPs :)), would be to have a
delimiter character (like the master user) that I could append the client IP
to the username.  Then strip it out and the IP on the other side and use it
for whatever I need to.