[Dovecot] path field in mysql quota

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Wed Jan 3 23:13:36 UTC 2007

On 4.1.2007, at 1.01, Marshal Newrock wrote:

> So, a little more on quotas.  If I'm understanding a previous posting
> correctly, to have per-user quotas, I have to return a quota field
> from
> the database in the format specified on
> http://wiki.dovecot.org/Quota/Dict.  If I omit "messages=...", then I
> assume that it will only apply the storage size quota.

Yep.

> Is there a way to tell the LDA to ignore the quota but update the
> quota
> usage when delivering?  And also to apply quotas to pop/imap.

With 1.0rc's quota code, unfortunately not. With my quota-rewrite, yes:

http://dovecot.org/patches/quota-rewrite.diff

With it the quota is always tracked. So set "quota" in dovecot.conf,
and make userdb return "quota_rule" for imap/pop3 but not for deliver
(with SQL userdb and checkpassword userdbs this is easy, with others
it's not..).