[Dovecot] quota in mysql not being updated

Marshal Newrock marshal at idealso.com
Mon Jan 8 18:12:36 UTC 2007

On Mon, 8 Jan 2007 17:13:53 +0200
Timo Sirainen <tss at iki.fi> wrote:

> On 8.1.2007, at 16.02, Marshal Newrock wrote:
>
> > Jan  8 08:45:07 sentinel deliver(test.marshal at acd.net):
> > Unknown dict module: mysql
>
> OK, here's the problem. I didn't want to link SQL libraries to
> deliver, imap and pop3 binaries so you can't use the dict=mysql
> directly. So do it via dict proxy, like
> http://wiki.dovecot.org/Quota/ Dict explains. I guess I'll have to
> update the page to mention that it won't really even work currently
> without the proxy.. :)

I've made that change.  Now I have:

plugin {
    quota = dict:storage=10240:messages=1000 proxy::quotadict
}

dict {
    quotadict = mysql:/etc/dovecot/dict-quota.conf
}

In the logs:
Jan  8 12:52:22 sentinel deliver(test.marshal at acd.net): dict quota: uri
= proxy::quotadict
Jan  8 12:52:22 sentinel deliver(test.marshal at acd.net): dict quota:
byte limit = 1000
Jan  8 12:52:22 sentinel deliver(test.marshal at acd.net): dict quota:
count limit = 0

thus creating a bounce.  I am confused.

On the plus side, I upgraded to 1.0-rc17, and on the imap side of
things, quota appears to be working fine.

--
Marshal Newrock, Ideal Solution LLC
http://www.idealso.com