[Dovecot] duplicate emails

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Tue Jan 9 20:40:03 UTC 2007

On 4.12.2006, at 0.11, Adam Lackorzynski wrote:

> I'd say for sure that there's no network problem involved. The log
> file
> shows a normal QUIT, and hopefully shows more.

Do you still have Dovecot's logs? What do they say about the user
quitting at the 16:17:20  session? Did it say del=5/5? It does looks
like Dovecot expunged only the first message, but I don't really see
why it wouldn't have expunged the rest. Well, except if the mbox
changed in ways that made Dovecot give the mails new UIDs.
Unfortunately the Sylpheed log didn't show UIDL's output.

> The mbox file is on a local filesystem, the index files are on NFS
> (actually, ~/Mail/INBOX points to /var/mail/$user).

Does Dovecot access it as ~/Mail/INBOX or /var/mail/$user? What
delivers mails to the mbox? Just wondering if there could be some
problem related to locking.