[Dovecot] help with deleted segment of email when connecting Outlook?

Lisa Rau lrau at confluencecorp.com
Thu Jan 11 22:53:55 UTC 2007

This group was so helpful last time I am hoping someone can HELP!  We have
qmail / dovecot running IMAP and a user who had all their email in their
non-Outlook client (Thunderbird?).  We installed Outlook 2003 and configured
it with IMAP and all their email EXCEPT a three week block showed up.  The
three week block of email is not on their desktop and even worse, isn't on
the server / in qmail - its totally gone.

Does anyone have any idea of why or how this would have occured? And even
better - is there any hope we could ever find this email (its not on a
backup)?  Hopefully,

Lisa