[Dovecot] RC15 problems with dovecot-shared and umask distilled

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Thu Jan 18 17:38:09 UTC 2007

On Wed, 2007-01-10 at 16:56 -0500, Glenn Leavell wrote:
> 2. With umask=0007 these files are created with mode 600 instead of 660:
>         dovecot-uidlist, dovecot.index, dovecot.index.log, messages files
> 	(cur,tmp,new and the parent directory *are* created 770)

The reason why umask doesn't work correctly is because I've avoided
adding code that creates everything with permissions 0666 or 0777. I'm
not really sure if I just should do it, or if I should figure out
something else. In any case I'd rather not do anything about this to
v1.0.

Why do you want to change the umask?