[Dovecot] vpopmail

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Thu Jan 18 20:08:30 UTC 2007

On Wed, 2007-01-17 at 21:46 +0100, Lampa wrote:
> Hello, i have only some typo:
> (using rc17)
>
> adding to section imap {} mail_plugins = quota produce on dovecot
> start
>
> IEffective uid=65534, gid=65534
> ILoading modules from directory: /usr/local/dovecot/lib/dovecot/imap
> IModule
> loaded: /usr/local/dovecot/lib/dovecot/imap/lib10_quota_plugin.so

Do you mean those "I" things or am I missing the typo? Those "I" things
are part of Dovecot's internal logging protocol. They're not really
supposed to be seen, but since this happens only with mail_debug=yes and
fixing it is probably not that simple, I think I'll just leave it as it
is. In Dovecot v2.0 all this code is rewritten anyway, so no point in
wasting time in it :)

> and there is little patch to use vpopmail on nonstandart location
> (like /usr/local/vpopmail for example)
> (--with-vpopmail=/usr/local/vpomail)

Done. I did it a bit differently though so that --with-vpopmail=yes
still works the old way:

http://dovecot.org/list/dovecot-cvs/2007-January/007443.html