[Dovecot] Shared folder

Stefan Klatt stefan.klatt at cac-netzwerk.de
Thu Jan 18 22:15:07 UTC 2007

Hello Timo,

>> if i use "hidden = no" at the private namespace, the complete namespace
>> isn't viewable,
>>
> "complete" meaning what? Some do show?
I don't see any folder in the private namespace. I see only the folder
of public namespace.
I tried this configuration once more and the same happend.

> >if i use "hidden = yes" i see the prefix "private" at
> >the foldernames in my emailclient.
> you haven't configured "private" prefix anywhere, so they're probably i
> the mailbox narivate."... mes themselves..?
no. if i didn't configure the option "hidden" i saw all normal. I
couldn't verify this effect this evening :-(

>> if use / as the seperator like dokumented at the wiki it doesn't work.
>>

> Why? Probably a client problem.

Now it works... don't ask me why :-(

> Well, Dovecot doesn't currently really support these kind of shared
> mailboxes, but you might be able to kludge it:
>
> With ACL plugin you can create dovecot-acls file to the maildirs that
> you want to share to others. http://wiki.dovecot.org/ACL

I will see it. I hope this kind of ACLs work with virtual users. For my
kind of LDAP stored ACLs i can use a python script to generate the files.

Mfg.
Stefan Klatt