[Dovecot] stale locks

Glenn Leavell glenn at usg.edu
Sat Jan 20 14:30:12 UTC 2007

On Fri, Jan 19, 2007 at 09:08:02PM +0100, Thomas Hummel wrote:

> Besides, I often see several imap-login processes for the same remote
> IP address. Does it means the user has several instances of his UA
> running or is it the behavior of some UA (Eudora ? Thunderbird ?) even
> if only one instance is run by the user. In any case, wouldn't that be
> dead-lock/stale lock prone ?

Some IMAP clients do open multiple connections in parallell.  For example,
the default for Thunderbird is up to a maximum of five connections.  You
can set this inside Account Settings -> Server Settings -> Advanced and
looking for "Maximum number of server connections to cache."

--
Glenn Leavell <glenn at usg.edu>
Office of Information and Instructional Technology