[Dovecot] mail_log plugin in RC18

Tan Shao Yi tansy at pacific.net.sg
Mon Jan 22 18:46:22 UTC 2007

On Mon, 22 Jan 2007, Timo Sirainen wrote:

> On Mon, 2007-01-22 at 08:49 -0800, Roger Weeks wrote:
>> On Jan 22, 2007, at 8:37 AM, Timo Sirainen wrote:
>>
>>> 	+ Added mail_log plugin to log various mail operations. Currently it
>>> 	  logs mail copies, deletions, expunges and mailbox deletions.
>>
>> Hi Timo -
>>
>> I saw this addition and it sounds very useful in our enviroment.  Can
>> the plugin be enabled for specific users?  Or is is a system-wide
>> only plugin?
>
> Your userdb can return any kind of Dovecot settings and make them
> override the defaults. For example with SQL:
>
> select ..., mail_plugins from users where ..

Hi Timo,

Thanks so much for including mail_log in this RC! :)

Just started up RC18, the logging with IMAP seems alright, however, with
POP3, I am getting the following message:

dovecot: Jan 23 02:41:02 Error: POP3(userid at domain):
dlopen(/usr/local/lib/dovecot/pop3/lib20_mail_log_plugin.so) failed: ld.so.1: pop3:
fatal: relocation error: file /usr/local/lib/dovecot/pop3/lib20_mail_log_plugin.so:
symbol str_sanitize: referenced symbol not found

Strangely, with IMAP it seems to be logging fine though. Is there
something that I missed?

This is a Solaris 10 box.

Cheers,
Tan Shao Yi