[Dovecot] [Dovecot-news] 1.0.rc18 released

Todd Vierling tv at pobox.com
Mon Jan 22 20:06:50 UTC 2007

On 1/22/07, Timo Sirainen <tss at iki.fi> wrote:
> Most of the new features in 1.0 RCs have been either trivial enough not
> to cause any destabilization or they've been implemented completely in
> plugins. Some of them have been paid for,

I like the sound of that.  Sounds to me like some folks are expressing
serious interest.

> I've for a long time thought that I'll release v1.0 once several weeks
> have passed and I haven't heard of any problems relating to index files
> and other such somewhat common random problems. I thought RC18 was
> supposed to fix all of them, but looks like there are again two more
> problems that more than one people are seeing.. I'd hate to release v1.0
> and include in known bugs list things like "randomly crashes" and
> "randomly logs errors".

Do keep in mind that imap-uw still has bugs today that cause "random
crashes", and its logging has always been crappy.  That is not an
excuse, but it points out that Dovecot is *at least* as good as UW
IMAP today.  ;)

That said, I'm still cheering you on towards the finish line, and
thanks for the great work.