[Dovecot] RC18 core dumps

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Mon Jan 22 20:13:32 UTC 2007

On Mon, 2007-01-22 at 10:54 -0700, Cassidy B. Larson wrote:
> Jan 22 10:46:36 zahara deliver(user at host.com): Corrupted transaction
> log file /data/mail/host.com/us/user@ home.com/dovecot.index.log:
> start_offset (71680) > file size (71520)

Dean, do you see this before the below error too?

> Jan 22 10:46:36 zahara deliver(user at host.com): seq = 6, rec->uid = 0,
> first_new_seq = 6, records = 5

Is it only deliver that crashes with this error, or does imap too?

The easiest way for me to debug this would be if I could examine the
core file myself with gdb. If the core file doesn't contain anything too
secret (you could check with eg. strings), could you send me the core
file and the deliver binary that produced it?

Although I don't know how well gdb handles other OSes binaries. I can at
least debug Linux/x86/x86_64 and Solaris/Sparc binaries.

If I can't directly check the core file's contents, I'll try adding more
asserts to catch this bug earlier so I could figure out what's causing
it..