[Dovecot] X-UID gaps cause Dovecot/IMAP to hang

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Thu Jan 25 20:28:26 UTC 2007

On Thu, 2007-01-25 at 14:12 -0500, Benjamin Howell wrote:
> When the Dovecot 1.0.rc19 IMAP server encounters X-UID headers with
> gaps in them, it hangs indefinitely. I've attached a sample mailbox (in
> mbox format) which repeatably exhibits this behavior. The mbox contains
> only three messages with the following X-UIDs in order: 774, 785, 787.
> If I remove the X-UID headers from each message, Dovecot handles the
> mailbox without any problems. UW-IMAP is able to handle the sample mbox
> _with_ X-UID headers.

You're the second person to report this today, and I also noticed this
myself today. I guess I did something in rc18-rc19 which made this
problem appear more often. Anyway these patches should fix it:

http://dovecot.org/list/dovecot-cvs/2007-January/007527.html
http://dovecot.org/list/dovecot-cvs/2007-January/007525.html