[Dovecot] Benchmarking

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Mon Jan 29 14:17:35 UTC 2007

On Sun, 2007-01-28 at 18:20 +0300, Odhiambo WASHINGTON wrote:
> Could you please benchmark on FreeBSD as well? You still have access to
> my serve.
> This Linux stuff doesn't ring a nice bell on my ears ;)

I'd have to do pretty much all the benchmarks there all over again to
get results that could be directly compared. You can do that yourself
too. :)

Or then again with about 100 EUR donation I could go and buy a new hard
disk with one partition reserved for benchmarking and the rest for
different OSes, so all results could be directly compared ;)

BTW. I found out that when I compiled Dovecot without --enable-debug,
the imaptest started giving errors quite easily. With --enable-debug
(that I've been using myself always) I could run it for hours without a
single error. This means that I'll still have to get those "new" bugs
fixed before v1.0 too.