[Dovecot] Push IMAP

Kenneth Porter shiva at sewingwitch.com
Tue Jan 30 16:39:55 UTC 2007

On Tuesday, January 09, 2007 10:54 AM -0800 Peter Hessler
<phessler at theapt.org> wrote:

> its called IDLE, and it already works in dovecot.  used it on a treo
> last year.
>
> hopefully apple is using IDLE, and not their own hack.

IIRC, IDLE doesn't monitor unsubscribed folders. I have about 100 folders
that could potentially receive new mail (via procmail filtering) and it
would be unwieldy to subscribe them all.

Is there some mechanism in the push protocol to inform the client of
delivery to an arbitrary folder, to eliminate the need to poll the whole
hierarchy?