[Dovecot] namespace subscription problem

Nate Sanders nate at ima.umn.edu
Wed Jan 31 19:36:26 UTC 2007

Greetings,

I am trying to setup a private namespace in dovecot and running in to
some troubles. Here is my setup:

> default_mail_env = maildir:~/Maildir
>
> # default namespace
> namespace private {
>   separator = .
>   prefix =
>   inbox = yes
> }
> namespace private {
>    separator = .
>    prefix = maillog.
>    location = maildir:/var/maildir/maillog/Maildir/
>    #inbox = yes
>    hidden = no
> }
So far it's working to a degree. When I load my imap folder and go to
Subscribe, I can see the master "maillog" folder, and expand it to see
all the subfolders. The problem is, I cannot subscribe to the master
"maillog" folder. Only it's sub folders.

When I check dovecot.info it says this:

> dovecot: 2007-01-31 13:27:42 Info: imap(nate): Namespace:
> type=private, prefix=maillog., sep=., inbox=no, hidden=no,
> subscriptions=no

I see there "subscriptions=no". Is it possible to change this to yes?
Would changing this to yes allow me to subscribe to the actual namespace
folder? I tried adding "subscriptions=yes" and "subscription=yes" to
dovecot.conf but both entries resulted in failed starts and errors.

How is it possible allow subscriptions directly to this namespace?

Thanks.

Nate Sanders                  nate at ima.umn.edu
Associate Systems Manager     (612) 624 - 4353
Institute for Mathematics and its Applications