[Dovecot] Unable to send email out using Dovecot SASL

Bill Cole dovecot-20061108 at billmail.scconsult.com
Fri Jul 6 16:33:39 EEST 2007

At 1:34 PM +0800 7/6/07, dovecot at convergenz.biz  imposed structure on
a stream of electrons, yielding:
>Hi,
>
>I am currently using Dovecot 1.0.rc17 with Postfix 2.3.8 on Ubuntu.

Upgrading to the release version of Dovecot would be a good idea.
although it is not likely to be related to your trouble.

>So far
>I'm able to receive my email using dovecot pop3 but I can't send out the
>email.
>Anybody managed to get Postfix with Dovecot SASL support so far?

Yes. I use it all the time.

>What do I
>missed out?

Probably nothing on the Dovecot side.

Outbound mail does not involve Dovecot except in providing
authentication services for Postfix. You will need to at least share
the error message you are getting for anyone to have any clue as to
how to help, and probably your master.cf and main.cf files from
Postfix as well.

This is *probably* better directed at the Postfix community, but
there are likely to be people here who can help.

--
Bill Cole
bill at scconsult.com