[Dovecot] Your IMAP server has closed the connection.

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Mon Jul 9 02:19:22 EEST 2007

On Sun, 2007-07-08 at 16:38 -0500, Bill Milford wrote:
> I could never find anything in the dovecot logs as to why the
> connection was disconnected.  Is there some
> thing I should add to my log configuration to allow for more messages?

Dovecot always logs the disconnection. For example:

dovecot: Jul 09 02:16:10 Info: imap(tss): Disconnected

This means that the connection simply got disconnected. If Dovecot
itself disconnects the client it logs something else.

Have you seen any error messages either? See
http://wiki.dovecot.org/Logging