[Dovecot] NFS cache flush tester

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Fri Jul 13 00:22:47 EEST 2007

On Wed, 2007-07-11 at 22:21 +0300, Timo Sirainen wrote:
> http://dovecot.org/tools/nfstest.c

v1.1 code does now NFS cache flushing with mail_nfs_storage=yes and
mail_nfs_index=yes. I haven't tried yet how well it works, but at least
it finally should work without disabling attribute caches or anything.

For read caching I ended up using:

#ifdef __linux__
 - fcntl() lock + unlock
#else
 - fchown(uid, -1)

Would have been nice to avoid the fcntl lock, but I couldn't find any
other way (I even checked Linux sources). It also means that either you
must use lockd with Linux or you must mount the filesystem with nolock
option.