[Dovecot] Getting quotas from an NFS-mounted filestore

Mike Brudenell pmb1 at york.ac.uk
Mon Jul 16 19:56:53 EEST 2007

Greetings -

I was just wondering what the state of play was with regard to
reading filestore-based quotas when the mailstore is NFS-mounted?

Timo mentioned a little while ago that he'd be including it:
     http://www.dovecot.org/list/dovecot/2007-May/022594.html

However it isn't in 1.0.1 and isn't mentioned in the release notes
for 1.0.2.  Is it going to be a 1.1 feature or will it appear before
then?

I'm asking because although I can't get the rquota-rquotad patch to
build on Solaris I have found some code on the net which does do RPC
based quota lookups.  I'm toying with the idea of trying to modify
rquota-rquotad to use this other code.  However this is out of my
area of knowledge so it will be an uphill battle ... so if reading
quotas from NFS-mounted filestores will be coming Real Soon Now I'll
probably just wait instead.

So any ideas as to timescales, please?

Cheers,
Mike B-)

--
The Computing Service, University of York, Heslington, York Yo10 5DD, UK
Tel:+44-1904-433811  FAX:+44-1904-433740

* Unsolicited commercial e-mail is NOT welcome at this e-mail address. *