[Dovecot] Dovecot waking every 50ms when doing nothing

Dave McGuire mcguire at neurotica.com
Sun Jun 3 22:48:08 EEST 2007

On Jun 3, 2007, at 3:45 PM, Richard Laager wrote:
>>    That's not to say that simply adding one dependency on glib would
>> cause a huge problem...but it indicates the adoption of a mindset,
>> and it's a slippery slope.
>
> The same applies to duplicating code in the interest of avoiding
> dependencies.

   I really don't think that applies.  Including a huge library (and
modifying the package to conform to its requirements) just to get one
piece of its functionality isn't an improvement (IMO) over
duplication of one piece of code.

   It's especially not an improvement if it results in fewer people
being able to actually use the package.

         -Dave

--
Dave McGuire