[Dovecot] Is there a "connect acl" ?

Gabriel Millerd gmillerd at gmail.com
Mon Jun 4 01:53:41 EEST 2007

On 6/2/07, Oliver Schulze L. <oliver at samera.com.py> wrote:

> I need to limit the users that can login in an IP number, is that
> posible with
> dovecot 1.0? (i.e. only these users can login from the Internet)
> Or a new plugin should be written? It is complicated to do that?

   Might look at using perdition to front end your imap sessions or
wrapping the imap shell script/batch file to a degree (exporting RIP
to the environment would be great.

   What sort of response would the imap server give? Obviously you
allow all sessions to connect else you would handle this with
iptables, and when the user/pass/cert is validated and you have the
user:rip what response would you give the client? Any security issues
are moot since the user/pass is over the wire in order to determine if
they have access.

--
Gabriel Millerd