[Dovecot] Is there a "connect acl" ?

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Mon Jun 4 02:36:32 EEST 2007

On Sat, 2007-06-02 at 10:47 -0400, Oliver Schulze L. wrote:
> Hi,
> I have been reading the acl documentation and it seems that a "connect acl"
> is not available.
>
> I need to limit the users that can login in an IP number, is that
> posible with
> dovecot 1.0? (i.e. only these users can login from the Internet)

Do you mean something like
http://wiki.dovecot.org/PasswordDatabase/ExtraFields/AllowNets (and
http://wiki.dovecot.org/PasswordDatabase/ExtraFields)?

> Or a new plugin should be written? It is complicated to do that?

dovecot-auth doesn't really support such plugins. You could let the user
log in normally and then check the IP and disconnect if it's wrong
(http://wiki.dovecot.org/PostLoginScripting) but that of course tells
the user that the user/pass was correct and the IP was just wrong.