[Dovecot] Dovecot support for smd5 and ldap-md5

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Mon Jun 4 03:19:27 EEST 2007

On Wed, 2007-05-30 at 13:19 -0400, Eric and Barbara Sammons wrote:
> Working with a dovecot migration, I am curious what version (if any)
> of Dovecot (dovecot-auth) supports SMD5 and ldap-MD5 when using
> Dovecot -> OpenLDAP direct binding?

What do you mean by "direct binding"? If you use auth_bind=yes it
doesn't matter at all what password scheme the LDAP server uses
internally. If you're looking up the passwords directly then yes,
dovecot-auth does support both SMD5 and LDAP-MD5 schemes.
http://wiki.dovecot.org/Authentication/PasswordSchemes