[Dovecot] testink

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Mon Jun 4 05:02:10 EEST 2007

On Thu, 2007-05-31 at 10:31 +0200, Steffen Kaiser wrote:
> I suggest, that you shouldn't try to do that.
>
> > - Message contains In-Reply-To: header
> > - Subject doesn't contain Re:
..
> > - Body doesn't contain any quotes
..
> > - User's first message to list
>
> Hmm, I find this test a bit strange. One need to ask a question first,
> before one can answer others questions.

I'm not sure if you understood that those were all AND conditions. Only
if all of them matched, the message would be rejected. The Re: and quote
checks aren't perfect on their own, but I find it highly unlikely that
the user's first message to a list would be a valid reply to someone
else's mail without Re: and without quotes.

But I'm not planning on doing this anytime soon. Too much trouble.