[Dovecot] Public Namespace and ACLs with pure virtual users

Adam McDougall mcdouga9 at egr.msu.edu
Mon Jun 4 05:26:57 EEST 2007

On Mon, Jun 04, 2007 at 04:28:56AM +0300, Timo Sirainen wrote:

  ACL plugin shouldn't have anything to do with that decision. The \Seen
  flag is stored privately if you have created dovecot-shared file to the
  maildir.

Is it possible to have dovecot enforce the file mode and group owner of
inserted mails without causing flags to be stored privately?  Its looking
like I will have to use a cron job to fix file permissions on mails added
to shared mail folders by imap clients.  I'd be willing to implement a
local permanent patch but I haven't looked into how easy it would be yet
because I did not (until now) realize that this behavior was intended.