[Dovecot] Public Namespace and ACLs with pure virtual users

Mon Jun 4 20:53:37 EEST 2007

On 6/3/2007 Timo Sirainen (tss at iki.fi) wrote:
> ACL plugin shouldn't have anything to do with that decision. The
> \Seen flag is stored privately if you have created dovecot-shared
> file to the maildir. There isn't yet support for separate shared and
> private flags (and I'm not sure if there ever will be).

Yikes!

Or maybe I musunderstood...

I have a real need to have (at least) one shared folder (inbound faxes)
with shared \Seen flags - so the 5 people assigned to monitor it will
know when someone else has seen/forwarded a new fax - and private \Seen
flags on other shared maildirs (like distribution lists, etc)...

Are you saying this may never be possible?

--

Best regards,

Charles