[Dovecot] Dovecot Authentication Problem - Help pls! - RESOLVED

Gerard gerard at seibercom.net
Tue Jun 5 20:17:23 EEST 2007

On Tuesday June 05, 2007 at 10:51:04 (AM) Dominic Marks wrote:

> Odhiambo WASHINGTON wrote:
> > * On 04/06/07 16:27 +0300, Wash wrote:
> > destination
> > | |
> > it
> > |
> > | Oh, so do I need to build everything unstripped? That would be difficult
> > | when using the ports.
> > |

> Let me help you then! :-)
>
> cd /usr/ports/mail/dovecot && make CFLAGS+=-g STRIP= install
>
> Will install an unstripped Dovecot.  If you use portupgrade you can set
> these are MAKE_ARGS in pkgtools.conf if you want to always have one
> available.

You could also go this route.

Look at /usr/ports/Mk/bsd.port.mk in this section:

.if defined(WITH_DEBUG) && !defined(WITHOUT_DEBUG)
STRIP=  #none
STRIP_CMD=      ${TRUE}
DEBUG_FLAGS?=   -g
CFLAGS:=                ${CFLAGS:N-O*:N-fno-strict*} ${DEBUG_FLAGS}
.endif

As you can see, if WITH_DEBUG is defined, then $STRIP will be a empty,
DEBUG_FLAGS and CFLAGS changes too.

Simply set 'WITH_DEBUG=yes' in the environment on on the command line.
I also set 'DEBUG_FLAGS=-ggdb3' which supplies slightly more output.
That is of course your call. It is important to realize that the
default is "CFLAGS=-O2 -fno-strict-aliasing -pipe". You need to change
the '02' to '0' or to insure that proper debug information is
available at run time. Using the 'WITH_DEBUG=yes' accomplishes that
objective.

HTH

--
Gerard

      DISCLAIMER

      If you find a posting or message from me
      offensive, inappropriate, or disruptive,
      please ignore it. If you don't know how to
      ignore a posting, complain to me and I will
      be only too happy to demonstrate... ;-)