[Dovecot] Multiple IP(or Host) listen in dovecot.conf.

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Sun Jun 10 22:25:55 EEST 2007

On Wed, 2007-03-28 at 20:35 +0900, Yoshihiro Kawabe wrote:
> Does someone make update for `Multiple IP(or Host) listen in
> dovecot.conf'?

Looks like I've managed to skip this mail for this long. Although it was
still with unread-status..

> But this patch doesn't solve `Support listening in multiple sockets'
> in TODO. It appends only the capability as multiple listen in
> dovecot.conf. So, `login_processes_count' becomes ambiguous.
> In CASE1, login_processes_count = 2, forked imap-login processes are
> 8.

That doesn't seem very good thing to do. I think a lot easier way to
implement this would be to just pass multiple listen fds to all of the
login processes.

+        array_t ARRAY_DEFINE(listen_fds,        int);
+        array_t ARRAY_DEFINE(ssl_listen_fds,    int);
+
+        array_t ARRAY_DEFINE(listen_ips,        struct ip_addr);
+        array_t ARRAY_DEFINE(ssl_listen_ips,    struct ip_addr);
+        array_t ARRAY_DEFINE(listen_ports,      unsigned int);
+        array_t ARRAY_DEFINE(ssl_listen_ports,  unsigned int);

And one array of struct { int fd; struct ip_addr ip; bool ssl; } would
probably make the code a lot simpler as well.

> src/lib
>     network.c:
>         change getnameinfo error value.

I'm not sure why I originally wrote the code that way. Either there was
no man page for getnameinfo() and I just guessed, or there was a man
page which contains wrong information. Anyway, this is now fixed for
upcoming v1.0.1.