[Dovecot] user lookups not working when using dovecot as lda

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Sun Jun 10 22:56:58 EEST 2007

On Wed, 2007-06-06 at 09:06 +0200, Sven wrote:
> Currently I'm using local from postfix for delivering mails. Now I want
> to change this to using the dovecot lda as I want to use plus addressing.
>
> I configured postfix to use dovecot as I found in the wiki and several
> howtos in the net.
..
> dovecot unix    -       n       n       -       -      pipe
>    flags=DRhu user=dovecot:dovecot
> argv=/usr/local/libexec/dovecot/deliver -d ${recipient}  -m ${extension}

From the wiki:

An example using '+' extensions. (If you wish to preserve the case of
${extension}, remove the the 'hu' flags, and be sure to utilize
Modifiers in your dovecot.conf for mail locations and other
configuration parameters that are expecting lower case.)

# Dovecot LDA
dovecot unix    -       n       n       -       -      pipe
  flags=DRhu user=vmail:vmail argv=/usr/local/libexec/dovecot/deliver -d ${user}@${nexthop} -n -m ${extension}