[Dovecot] 1.0.1 release candidate 2

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Mon Jun 11 20:13:51 EEST 2007

I'll release v1.0.1 in a day or two, but it would be nice to get some
testing before the release to see if I managed to break something after
the Mercurial conversion. And did I forget something that should be
fixed for v1.0.1?

http://dovecot.org/tmp/dovecot-1.0.1rc2.tar.gz

Changes since v1.0.0:

	* deliver: If Return-Path doesn't contain user and domain, don't try
	  to bounce the mail (this is how it was supposed to work earlier too)
	* deliver: %variables in mail setting coming from userdb aren't
	  expanded anymore (again how it should have worked). The expansion
	  could have caused problems if paths contained any '%' characters.

	+ Print Dovecot version number with dovecot -n and -a
	- Trying to start Dovecot while it's already running doesn't anymore
	  wipe out login_dir and break the running Dovecot.
	- maildir: Fixed "UID larger than next_uid" errors which happened
	  sometimes when dovecot-uidlist file didn't exist but index files did
	  (usually because mailbox didn't have any messages when it was
	  selected for the first time)
	- maildir: We violated maildir spec a bit by not having keyword
	  characters sorted in the filename.
	- maildir: If we don't have write access to cur/ directory, treat the
	  mailbox as read-only. This fixes some internal error problems with
	  trying to use read-only maildirs.
	- maildir: Deleting a symlinked maildir failed with internal error.
	- mbox: pop3_uidl_format=%m wasn't working right
	- mbox: If non-filesystem quota was enabled, we could have failed
	  with "Unexpectedly lost From-line" errors while saving new messages
	- mysql auth: %c didn't work. Patch by Andrey Panin
	- COPY: We sent "Hang in there.." too early sometimes and checked it
	  too often (didn't break anything, but was slower than needed).
	- deliver: Postfix's sendmail binary wasn't working with mail_debug=yes
	- Don't corrupt ssl-parameters.dat files when running multiple Dovecot
	  instances.
	- Cache compression caused dovecot.index.cache to be completely deleted
	  with big endian CPUs if 64bit file offsets were used (default)
	- Fixed "(index_mail_parse_header): assertion failed" crash