[Dovecot] save failed to INBOX

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Tue Jun 12 18:13:01 EEST 2007

On Tue, 2007-06-12 at 16:30 +0200, Erland Nylend wrote:
> On 2007-06-12, 15:00, Timo Sirainen wrote:
> > It should have logged an error message. http://wiki.dovecot.org/Logging
>
> It doesn't seem to, though. I cannot find any log messages related
> to this error in the logs, and I'm pretty sure that mail.info,
> mail.err and mail.crit ends up there.

Make sure with:

protocol lda {
  log_path = /var/log/dovecot-deliver.err
}

And with mode 0666 to make sure it's able to write there.

"save failed to INBOX" doesn't give any useful information in figuring
out what the problem is. If it really doesn't log anything else, the
problem is going to be difficult to debug. Can you easily reproduce it?