[Dovecot] No auto-conversion of .customflags?

Christian Balzer chibi at gol.com
Wed Jun 13 09:55:45 EEST 2007

Hello Timo,

On Tue, 12 Jun 2007 18:22:13 +0300 Timo Sirainen <tss at iki.fi> wrote:
> On Tue, 2007-06-12 at 10:50 +0900, Christian Balzer wrote:
> > Jun 12 09:48:06 mb11 dovecot: IMAP(username):
> > stat(/longandboringpath/username/.customflags/cur) failed: Not a
> > directory
> ..
> > But more importantly, obviously .customflags does NOT get converted
> > anymore and thus shows up in IMAP LIST commands.
>
> Actually that could happen simply if the LIST command was done before
> any messages with keywords were tried to be accessed. I hadn't really
> thought about this before. Anyway, for now you can fix this by setting:
>
> maildir_stat_dirs = yes
>
> After there are no .customflags files left, you can remove that.

Since this could take months if not years with some of our "zombie"
mailboxes I guess I'll not take that route. ;)
Most of them are "empty" aka "0000" from pop3 only accounts
anyway, happily created by the 0.99 dovecot.

> Alternatively you can just rename all existing .customflags to
> dovecot-keywords files. That's how Dovecot internally "converts" them
> also.

Ah, that sounds like a plan. And seeing that 1.0 does not create an
empty default dovecot-keywords file when accessed by pop3, I presume
I could just get rid of these (the "0000" ones) altogether, right?

Looking forward to 1.0.1 anyways, as I'm getting bitten by the
"UID larger than next_uid" bug here. ^_^

Regards,

Christian
--
Christian Balzer        Network/Systems Engineer                NOC
chibi at gol.com   	Global OnLine Japan/Fusion Network Services